From Sales to Accounting – with ONE Order
– IATA has published a Case Study by ISO focused on business cases connecting Condor’s reservation system directly to an accounting system.
For this, two scenarios were defined:
Accounting Approach 1 – Using existing Revenue Accounting System & accounting interface framework.
- Processing of ONE Order data, NDC and legacy in parallel in the Revenue Accounting System
- Objective: Validate that the ONE Order concept and messages allow proper accounting for a scheduled carrier (i.e. full service)
Accounting Approach 2 – Direct interface Order Management System (OMS) to Financial Accounting (ERP) using Condor as partner airline.
- Processing of ONE Order data as a standalone process in the Financial Accounting (ERP)
- Objective: Evaluate, if a leisure airline’s selling workflows & accounting processing will also work with ONE Order concept and messages
For more details, please visit the IATA website at https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/airline-distribution/Pages/oneorder.aspx or download the Case Study here.